Immedis are currently looking for a professional and driven Database Administrator to be based in our Varna, Bulgaria office.
Immedis is a specialist division of a multi award-winning global financial services group established in 1996, with over 1,300 employees in over 33 offices worldwide, providing payroll and tax services to organisations and individuals in over 100 countries every day. Our product and software innovation centre is based in Varna Bulgaria and is home to the team leading the future of our technical platform.
At Immedis our mission is to provide:
- International payroll & tax solutions,
- Using market leading technology innovations,
- To our clients worldwide.
The Immedis Product and Development Team have been fundamental in the design and development of an enterprise-level cloud software and service driven solution for the delivery of international payroll and global mobility tax services – firmly positioning Immedis as the market leaders in global payroll technology and services.
What Do We Use:
- The very latest web technology platforms and technologies
- Toolsets such as Amazon Web Services, MS Visual Studio 2017, C#, MVC .Net Core, Web API, Angular, Tableau.
- Latest high availability and automation platforms and toolsets.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage PostgreSQL and other open source databases through multiple product life cycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems;
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, monitoring of system health, capacity planning, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security;
- Establish and maintain backup and recovery policies and procedures;
- Responsible for database storage architecture design and management;
- Responsible for performance tuning, query optimization and indexing strategies or all corporate databases;
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations;
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentor-ship and cross-training to peers
Skills / Competencies
- Experience operating a large-scale production database environment
- Experience in working with relational databases (PostgreSQL or AWS RDS, AWS Aurora)
- Experience in independently performing root cause analysis and coming up with recommendations
- Experience in replication techniques, database clustering, LDAP authentication, partitioning and security issues
- Experience with backups, restores, and recovery;
- Experience with database security concepts, including access, auditing, and encryption.
- Experience with system monitoring tools;
- Experience on both Windows and Linus platforms;
- Ability to organize and plan work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Special Requirements for The Role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 2 years of professional experience
- PostgreSQL Certification (Professional Level) or similar DBMS certification
- Project Management certification (desirable)
In our exciting, energetic and fast paced environment, you’ve got the opportunity to grow, learn, expand your knowledge and travel to our offices around the world.
If you have a positive can-do attitude, enjoy a dynamic, modern office culture and want to develop your career with the best in business – we want to hear from you.
We’ve got the tools to build the future. Do you have the drive?
If you have what it takes to shape the future of Global Payroll apply here.