The Global Payroll Assistant Manager will work with the Global Tax and Payroll Manager and Junior Associates in order to provide services to a portfolio of clients dealing with their regular tax and payroll compliance across multiple jurisdictions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working with Immedis global payroll software – iConnect
- Support the Global Payroll Manager in ensuring accurate and timely provision of payroll for client portfolio in accordance with pre-agreed calendar in a deadline driven environment
- Assist Global Payroll Manager with account management and customer interaction
- Manage team structure and effectiveness for Payroll Processing
- Regularly review payrolls and processes and reports
- Lead regular team meetings and communicate team issues and updates with the Global Payroll Manager
- Monitor team communications
- Monitor Client Payroll Delivery services within the specifications of each engagement
- Identify training/skill development needs for developing the team and performance management
- Identify and maintain payroll department controls in compliance with rules and procedures
- Collaborate with Global Payroll Manager
- Manage communication and correspondence with clients to include client enquiries (sometimes complex and detailed) by email and by phone as appropriate
- Manage monthly invoicing for client portfolio
- Develop and implement best practices and KPIs
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Strong customer service skills
- Tax and/or payroll quailed or part qualified
- Experience working with global payroll and/or tax
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage tight and multiple deadlines
- Ability to manage a busy email inbox with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in a B2B account management role with a client focused mindset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and to interact with employees and team members, as well as third-party vendors with high regard to customer service
- Strong problem-solving skills, priority setting skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail, accuracy with data and figures is required
- Must be motivated, professional and able to work on own initiative, to take ownership and with the capacity to be a versatile team player – flexible, proactive and pragmatic.
- Desire to grow, develop and build a career in global tax and payroll
- US Payroll Certifications a plus
- 3rd level qualification
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of HRIS, finance, accounting and payroll systems and payroll tax filings is helpful
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Strong compliance focus – understanding of basic taxation and payroll concepts such as taxation of various compensation items – ability to analyze and comprehend payroll tax information
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in payroll, Global Payroll a plus
The Global Payroll Assistant Manager reports to the Global Tax & Payroll Manager
In our exciting, energetic and fast paced environment, you’ve got the opportunity to grow, learn, expand your knowledge and travel to our offices around the world.
If you have a positive can-do attitude, enjoy a dynamic, modern office culture and want to develop your career with the best in business – we want to hear from you.
We’ve got the tools to build the future. Do you have the drive?
Applicants must hold a valid work visa.