Back to all country updates
Tax Exemption on Foreign Source Income (FSI) for Resident Taxpayers
From 1 January 2022 to 31 December 2026, income tax exemption on dividends will be given to companies, while individuals will be tax-exempted for all types of income.
Proposed Amendments to the Employment Act 1955
Amendments to the Employment Act 1955 were tabled in Parliament. Key amendments proposed include:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Reduction of normal working hours
- Maternity and paternity leave changes
- Anti-discrimination measures
- Anti-Harassment measures
- Foreign Worker Employment
Tax Incentives for Electric Vehicles
To cut down the carbon footprint, tax incentives will be given to EV ownership to encourage greater adoption.
Source: Links InternationalBack to all country updates