UKG Inc., a leading provider of HR, payroll, and workforce management solutions announces entering into a definitive agreement to acquire Immedis. Read More
- Date format
- Central African CFA franc
- the standard rate is 18%
- Social Security
- Social Security - 20.10%
- Total Employment Cost
- Total Employment Cost - 20.10%
- Social Security
- Social Security - 2.5%
- Total Employee Cost
- Total Employee Cost - 2.5%
- Minimum Wage
- The minimum wage in Gabon is 150000 CFA per month.
- Payroll Cycle
- Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly, Bi-Monthly
- 13th Salary
Common but not mandatory.
- Employee Income Tax (1)
- 0 - 1,5000,000 CFA - 0%
- Employee Income Tax (2)
- 1,500,000-1,920,000 CFA - 5%
- Employee Income Tax (3)
- 1,920,000 - 2,700,000 CFA - 10%
- Employee Income Tax (4)
- 2,700,000 - 3,600,000 CFA - 15%
- Employee Income Tax (5)
- 3,600,000 -5,160,000 CFA - 20%
- Employee Income Tax (6)
- 5,160,000 - 7,500,000 CFA - 25%
- Employee Income Tax (7)
- 7,500,000 - 11,000,000 CFA - 30%
- General Working Hours
40 hours per week.
Overtime work must be compensated with 1.5 times the standard pay.
- Paid Time Off
Employees accrue two days of paid annual per month after a year of service. Those under 18 years old receive two and a half days of leave per month.
- Public Holidays
11 public holidays.
- Sick Days
Employees receive up to six months of paid sick leave which is covered by the employer. After six months of illness, social security covers the sick leave pay.
- Maternity Leave
Female employees are generally entitled to 14 weeks of paid maternity leave: six weeks of leave prior to the birth and eight weeks after.
- Paternity Leave
Paternity leave is covered by family allowance leave.
- Parental Leave
There is no statutory parental leave.
- Termination Process
An employment contract can be terminated for poor performance or misconduct. Employers must write to the employee and ask for an interview to discuss cause of dismissal. If the employer decides to terminate the contract, they must write a letter including the reason for dismissal.
- Notice Period
- Less than one year of service: 15 days
- One to three years of service: one month
- Three to five years of service: two months
- 5 to 10 years of service: three months
- 10 to 15 years of service: four months
- 15 to 20 years of service: five months
- 20 to 30 years of service: six months
- Severance Pay
- Under two years of service: no pay
- Two to four years: 0.4 months pay
- Four to five years: 0.8 months pay
- 5 to 10 years: one month pay
- 10 to 20 years: two months pay
- 20+ years: four months pay
- Probation Period
The probation period is capped at six months while fixed-term contracts can be of up to 24 months and renewed once.
- Employment Visa
Employees must apply for all visas at the Gabon foreign ministry or find a Gabon embassy in their country of residence. The most common route is to apply for a business visa, then fill out the special pass form upon arrival. After which employees should apply for a temporary work visa and make all the necessary payments.