UKG Inc., a leading provider of HR, payroll, and workforce management solutions announces entering into a definitive agreement to acquire Immedis. Read More
- Date format
- Myanmar kyat (MMK)
- Social Security
- Social Security - 3%
- Total Employer Cost
- Total Employer Cost - 3%
- Social Security
- Social Security - 2%
- Total Employee Cost
- Total Employee Cost - 2%
- Minimum Wage
- The minimum wage in Myanmar (Burma) is 4800 MMK per day.
- Payroll Cycle
- Bi-Weekly, Monthly
- 13th Salary
There are no provisions in the law regarding 13th salaries.
- Employee Income Tax (1)
- Up to 2,000,000 MMK - 0%
- Employee Income Tax (2)
- 2,000,001 - 5,000,000 MMK - 5%
- Employee Income Tax (3)
- 5,000,001 - 10,000,000 MMK - 10%
- Employee Income Tax (4)
- Between 10,000,001 - 20,000,000 MMK - 15%
- Employee Income Tax (5)
- 20,000,001 - 30,000,000 MMK - 20%
- Employee Income Tax (6)
- Over 30,000,001 MMK - 25%
- General Working Hours
48 hours per week.
Overtime is paid at 200% of the employee’s regular salary and cannot exceed 12 hours per week.
- Paid Time Off
10 days fully paid annual leave each year.
- Public Holidays
- Sick Days
Once an employee produces a medical certificate, they are entitled to 26 weeks of sick leave per year, where the first 30 days will be paid.
- Maternity Leave
14 weeks of maternity leave, paid at 100% of the employee’s regular salary. This should start six weeks prior to the due date and eight weeks after.
- Paternity Leave
15 days paid at 100% of the father’s regular salary.
- Parental Leave
There are no provisions in the law.
- Other Leave
- Childcare Leave – For multiple births, mothers can take four weeks of paid childcare leave immediately after maternity leave is complete.
- Adoption Leave – Parents can take up to eight weeks of paid childcare leave for the adoption of a child less than 12 months old.
- Casual Leave – Up to 6 days per year.
- Termination Process
An employer is required to provide the employee with one written and two verbal warnings before terminating the contract.
- Notice Period
- Severance Pay
Severance pay is dependent on the employee’s length of service as follows:
- 6 months to 1 year- half a month’s wages
- 1-2 years – 1 months’ salary
- 3-4 years – 2 months’ salary
- 4-6 years – 4 months’ salary
- 6-8 years – 5 months’ salary
- 8-10 years – 6 months’ salary
- 10-20 years – 8 months’ salary
- 20 to 25 years – 10 months’ salary
- Probation Period
Maximum of 90 days.
- Employment Visa
Foreigners will need to obtain a work permit to stay for a period longer than 90 days.